Welcome to the ZweiTälerLand region
The holiday region can be found in the south of the Black Forest in the tri-border area where Germany, France and Switzerland meet, and includes six settlements: Biederbach, Elzach, Gutach im Breisgau, Simonswald, Waldkirch and Winden im Elztal. It is an ideal location, offering family holidays, outdoor adventures, hiking, cycling, cultural gems, ancient customs, fine foods and much, much more...
The ZweiTälerLand region has over 40,000 inhabitants, covers 270 km² and is between 243 and 1,243 metres above sea level.
- 800 km of signposted hiking paths
- High-quality trail Zweitälersteig for ambitious hikers (108 km circling ZweiTälerLand)
- 400 km of signposted cycle paths, including 330 km specifically for mountain bikes
- 200 accommodation establishments in all categories with over 4,500 beds and a free booking service
- Free bus and train travel throughout the Black Forest
- Outdoor adventure park with a treetop walk
- Elztal Museum, showcasing barrel organs and fairground organs
- Historical Black Forest mills
- International Organ Festival (27–29 June 2014)
- Wining and dining
- Carnival celebrations
- Village and folk festivals
- Freiburg and the Europapark Rust theme park within easy reach